The Village of Lombard set up Roberto Hung’s Labor Day Celebration on September 2, 1993 by making him pay Debra Sekrecki’s $2,800 in Lombard real estate property taxes in 1993 for Du Page County Due On September 2nd for the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow built in 1927 at the corner of 502 South Westmore Avenue and Washington Boulevard in District 5, near Saint Pius X Catholic Church Parish, in York Township, Du Page County, Illinois USA.
Twenty-two years ago, Mr. Roberto Hung was a Chicago, Illinois resident and U.S. citizen who lived and rented from Mrs. A.C. Nylen on the Northwest side of Chicago, in the Avondale neighborhood. The Nylens owned Chicago Real Estate property in Illinois and also invested in Wisconsin Real Estate, as well as other U.S. holdings.
After his birthday on June 2, 1993, when Mr. Roberto Hung became 62 years old, his youngest son and wife encouraged him to buy Lombard real estate property in Lilac Town with his oldest daughter and son-in-law who would help him pay for the historic Lombard brick bungalow at 502 South Westmore Avenue and Washington Boulevard one block north from St. Pius X Church and School Parish and three blocks from the Illinois Secretary of State Motor Vehicles Facility at Eastgate Shopping Center. The Westmore Elementary School is only one block north on School Street. The Deicke Home for the Retarded is three blocks away from the same location.
On September 2, 1993, Twenty-two (22) years ago, my Father, Mr. Roberto Hung, decided to purchase a Lombard home at the corner of 502 South Westmore Avenue and Washington Boulevard, in York Township, District 5, owned by Debra Sekrecki with her two children, a female tenant called Stella who lived on the second floor, in-law apartment, her boyfriend, and her father Adam Sekrecki. Debra Sekrecki owed Lombard real estate taxes in Du Page County, Mr. Roberto Hung offered to pay the remaining Lombard real estate property taxes for Debra Sekrecki and her father Adam Sekrecki. At the age of 62 years of age, my Father, Mr. Roberto Hung was persuaded by his youngest son Roberto S. Hung and his ex-wife Mrs. Gardenia Fong Ramos, to purchase a Lombard home in September 1993.
Since Debra Sekrecki and her father Adam Sekrecki owed $2,800 in Lombard real estate property taxes in 1993, Mr. Roberto Hung had to pay Du Page County for the Lombard Brick Bungalow real estate taxes in York Township on September 2, 1993. In addition, Mr. Roberto Hung also paid in cash $89,000, half of the down payment as deposit for the Lombard real estate property at 502 South Westmore Avenue and Washington Boulevard in District 5, York Township, Du Page County, Illinois 60148-3028 USA. On September 2, 1993, Mr. Roberto Hung, his eldest daughter, and son-in-law began payment of Lombard real estate property mortgage to own the historic brick bungalow, while the three of them were working full-time, part-time, and on weekends.
Mr. Roberto Hung, his eldest daughter, and son-in-law started looking for Lombard real estate property to purchase during the summer in Du Page County, Illinois USA. Finally, Mr. Roberto Hung found a Lombard Brick Bungalow at 502 South Westmore Avenue and Washington Boulevard with the help of Baird & Warner Realtor Paulette Weininger and Century 21 Realtor Dino Lekousis from the Lombard Pines Shopping Center on Main Street, across from the J.W. Reedy Realty office. The Lombard historic brick bungalow was built in 1927 and was owned by Debra Sekrecki and her father Adam Sekrecki, who lived there with two children, and a senior citizen named Stella who resided on the second floor in-law apartment. Mr. Roberto Hung, his eldest daughter, and son-in-law purchased the Lombard historic brick bungalow and have lived in the Village of Lombard, Lilac Town, as Illinois resident homeowner in District 5, York Township, Du Page County, Illinois USA.
Three (3) years later on September 2, 1996, Mr. Roberto Hung and his eldest daughter completed full cash payment of the same Lombard real estate property at 502 S. Westmore Avenue at the Maple Park State Bank in Kane County, Illinois USA. The eldest daughter was a witness to the full cash payment for the Lombard real estate property in Du Page County, Illinois USA.
At the turn-of-the-century, the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow at 502 S. Westmore Avenue and Washington Blvd. was owned by the Ahrens Family as a subdivision of part of the block “A” in Robertson’s Westmore, according to the Plat recorded June 1st, 1922 by the Du Page County Recorder of Deeds Office. Both Mary Ahrens and Emil Ahrens lived at this Lombard Historic Brick home during 1929 and 1930, according to property records.
Warranty Deed in Trust, R75-64744, Recorded in Du Page County , 1975 Nov 20 PM12:30
This indenture witnesseth, that the Grantor Lucille Hornbeck, a.k.a. Lucille A. Hornbeck, a widow and not since remarried, of the County of Du Page and State of Illinois for and in consideration of the sum of Ten and 0/100 dollars, $10.00, in hand paid, and of other good and valuable considerations, receipt of which, hereby, is duly acknowledged to Convey and Warrant unto La Grange State Bank, a banking corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of Illinois, s Trustee under the provisions of a certain Trust agreement, dated the 8th day of November 1975 and known as Trust Number 2834, the following described real estate in the County of Du Page and State of Illinois, to wit:
Parcel 1: Lot eighty (80) in Robertson’s Westmore, a subdivision of part of the West half of the South West quarter of Section nine (9), Township thirty-nine (30) North, Range eleven (11) East of the Third Principal Meridian, lying South of the right of way line of the Chicago Aurora and Elgin Railroad Company, according to the Plat thereof recorded June 1st 1922, as document 15681, in Du Page County, Illinois.
Parcel 2: Lot A in Washington Manor being a Subdivision of part of Block “A” in Robertson’s Westmore, a Subdivision of that part of the West half of the Southwest quarter, lying South of the right of way of the Chicago Aurora and Elgin Railroad, of Section 9, Township 39 North, Range 11, East of the Third Principal Meridian, according to the Plat of said Washington Manor recorded February 17, 1959 as document 912579, and Certificate recorded on April 20, 1959, as Document 919712, in Du Page County, Illinois.
Mary Ahrens, 3/27/1929, Books 231/364
Emil Ahrens, 6/16/1930, Books 248-539
Dorothy Elguth, 5/19/1934, Books 293-352
Richard Ahrens, 5/14/1947, Books 371-206
Henry A. Hornbeck, 1947
George P. Hornbeck
Lucille A. Hornbeck, 11/20/1975
Marie C. LiPuma, 10/30/1984
Roberto Hung, 9/2/1996
Gardenia C. Hung/Robert S. Hung, 1998-2013
During 1922, when the Ahrens recorded this property deed: a building ordinance was passed in the Village of Lombard , the superintendent of construction was appointed, and the Lombard village board studied zoning ordinance. There were 2,200 acres in Du Page County, subdivided into residential lots—old farms were being subdivided. According to the late Mrs. Steben, my elderly next-door neighbor, “the area was old farm land with horse stables, surrounded by corn fields”.
More petitions for new subdivisions were presented in 1922. At the time, the Lombard trustees forecasted the expansion and uncontrolled growth. There were dirt roads and muddy paths—“some sections were inundated by spring rains”. According to Lillian Budd, Lombard historian, The Lombard News summarized, “…clamoring for water in pipes, while at the same time battling water not in pipes.” Some property owners laid water mains at their own expense, then asked permission to connect with the village water system. The Village of Lombard planned street paving afterwards in 1922.
During March 19, 1927, the Village of Lombard issued new building permits. By June 1927, eight (8) more building permits were issued. At the time, property values in Lombard increased—“one vacant lot more than tripled in value, within one year”.
Two centuries later, on September 2nd, 1993, Mr. Roberto Hung, Sr. with his daughter and son-in-law purchased the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow from Debra Y. Sekrecki, with an initial down payment of $2,000, as earnest money paid by personal check, added to the total cash payment of $88,000 at a fixed interest rate not to exceed 8.00% per year, amortized over a period of fifteen (15) years. At the time, Debra Y. Sekrecki had two (2) children, a boy and a girl, lived with Stella, the tenant upstairs, and father Adam Sekrecki.
Three months before, on July 11, 1993, Mr. Roberto Hung signed a Standard Residential Sales Contract from the Du Page Association of Realtors in agreement to purchase the Lombard real estate property at 502 S. Westmore Avenue in Lombard, Illinois 60148-3028 , owned by seller Debra Y. Sekrecki. The original closing date was scheduled on September 11, 1993. However, Roberto Hung was called by telephone to appear sooner on September 2nd, 1993, at 3:30 p.m., at the law office of Alan Dakoff, Telephone: 708-966-0488, located at 9291 North Maryland, in Niles, Illinois 60714 , U.S.A.
Century 21, Action Real Estate provided a Buyer Service Pledge presented by Steve Block, Telephone: 630-627-5500, and Dino, the real estate agent with Roberto Hung, who signed in agreement. Afterwards, Roberto Hung received a copy of Rider 412, Buyer’s Inspection which he signed as buyer with Debra Sekrecki, as seller.
In 1993, Century 21, Action Real Estate described in a listing the Highlights of the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow at the corner of Westmore Avenue and Washington Blvd., owned by Debra Y. Sekrecki with tenant Stella. At the time, the Du Page County Real Estate Taxes were only $2,744 for the brick house. After Roberto Hung purchased the same Lombard Brick House, the Lombard property taxes doubled for more than $4,000, without providing the senior citizens Homestead Exemption.
This Lombard Brick Home is located near Westmore Elementary School and St. Pius X Church School, Jackson Middle School , and Willowbrook High School .
George Hornbeck’s Parcel No. 06-09-315038 is a subdivision, spacious 4-bedroom brick home with a second floor in-law or potential income arrangement. There are nine (9) room available with hardwood floors. Full finished basement. Front and rear enclosed porches for added living space. Fully fenced yard with a gas grill. There is a 2-car garage. Public transportation is available. This Lombard home is close to school and shopping, near the Eastgate Center and State of Illinois facilities for the Secretary of State Vehicle Licenses Center and the Illinois Employment and Training Center (I.E.T.C.).
Action Real Estate for Century 21 was serving Du Page and Cook counties at the Lombard Pines Shopping Center, 1125-J South Main Street, Lombard, Illinois 60148, in care of realtor Dino.
On September 2nd, 1996, Mr. Roberto Hung completed full cash payment of the Lombard Brick Home at Maple Park State Bank, witnessed by his daughter, Gardenia C. Hung, and the bank manager. Mr. Roberto Hung and his eldest daughter, married to Nathan S. Wittler, improved this Lombard Brick house by adding oak cabinets, an exterior halogen flood night light, (2) automatic garage door openers, changed all door locks, added gardening landscaping, apple trees orchard, and perennial flowers, and exotic plant species.
Specifications for the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow:
Living Room: 25.4 X 11.10 sq. ft.
Dining Room: 13.1 X 13.2 sq. ft.
Kitchen: 11.6 X 10.8 sq. ft.
Master Bdrm: 11.10 X 10.6 sq. ft.
Bedroom: 11.5 X 10.6 sq. ft.
Bedroom: 11.3 X 10.0 sq. ft.
Bedroom: 15.8 X 10.0 sq. ft.
Living Room: 13.10 X 12.2 sq. ft.
Kitchen: 15 X 14 sq. ft.
Pantry: 6 X 4 sq. ft.
Utilities in the Basement. Basement Full Finished. Storage Rooms: 2. Closets: 10
 Chicago Reader, Thursday, March 27, 2008, Volume 37, Number 27. The Nest Issue. “The Granddaddies Sol Kogen and Edgar Miller in Old Town ”, page 28. The Reader© 2008, CL Chicago, Inc.
 Footsteps on the Tall Grass Prairie. A History of Lombard, Illinois by Lillian Budd, page 97. Published for the Lombard Historical Society, as a 1976 American Revolution Centennial Project. First Edition. Copyright 1977 by the Lombard Historical Society.
 1996 Lombard Community Directory. “Lombard: The Lilac Village ” by Jean Van Rensselar, page 2.
 Du Page County Recorder of Deeds, Fred Bucholz, Assisted by Jan, and Supervisor Leslie on Tuesday, June 19th, 2007, 11AM at the Jack T. Knuepfer Administration Building, 421 North County Farm Road, Wheaton, Illinois 60187-0936 USA. 2007 Real Estate Title Deed Research by Gardenia C. Hung, M.A., for Lombard Real Estate, 502 S. Westmore-Meyers Road and Washington Blvd., Lombard, Illinois, 60148-3028 USA. P.I.N. 06-09-315-038 on June 21st, 2007, 12PM.
 Footsteps on the Tall Grass Prairie. A History of Lombard, Illinois by Lillian Budd, page 175. Published for the Lombard Historical Society, as a 1976 American Revolution Centennial Project. First Edition. Copyright 1977 by the Lombard Historical Society.
 Ibid., page 196.
 Ibid., page 190-191.
 Lombard Spectator. “ Lombard : Meyers to be tied up with water main work”, page 10. Press Publications, Friday, August 29, 2008 LVP.
 Footsteps on the Tall Grass Prairie. A History of Lombard, Illinois by Lillian Budd, pages 195-6. Published for the Lombard Historical Society, as a 1976 American Revolution Bicentennial Project. First Edition. Copyright 1977 by the Lombard Historical Society.
 Footsteps on the Tall Grass Prairie. A History of Lombard, Illinois by Lillian Budd, page 120. Published for the Lombard Historical Society, as a 1976 American Revolution Bicentennial Project. First Edition. Copyright 1977 by the Lombard Historical Society.